Relighting Live Action Footage in NUKE
In this course, you will be relighting an entire stadium in NUKE. You will use NUKE's advanced 2.5D relighting techniques to create custom lighting passes and then combine them with your live-action plate. Software required: NUKE.
What you'll learn
In this course, Relighting Live Action Footage in NUKE, you will learn to use 2.5D techniques to efficiently relight a stadium. First, this course walks you through the steps of generating AOV passes and using them in conjunction with NUKE's lights to generate lighting passes. Next, you'll learn useful tricks like generating tracks using position data and Google Maps to scale the 3D-tracked scene. You will also use 2D textures to create your own animated crowd with camera flashes, and see how you can light and render your own CG in NUKE. Lastly, you will finish the shot by creating some digital banners and tracking them in. By the end of the course, you will have an extensive knowledge of 2.5D relighting and its application on live-action footage. Software required: NUKE.
Table of contents
- Generating Point Pass and Normal Pass 14m
- Setting up a Shot Grade and Creating Data Streams 7m
- Setting up NUKE Lights for Outside Wall of the Stadium 11m
- Adding More Lights and Refining Them with Roto Shapes 11m
- Setting up Spot Lights for the Interior of the Stadium 8m
- Finishing the Lights and Applying Lens Effects 5m