Optimize Model Performance with Power BI
Creating a Power BI report may look like an easy task, but there is a huge difference between the Power BI report that just works and the Power BI report that works efficiently!
What you'll learn
Congratulations! You've built your beautiful Power BI report and your charts look terrific, but your data refresh takes forever or, your report renders slow when interacting with visuals.
In this course, Optimize Model Performance with Power BI, you’ll gain the ability to improve the efficiency of your Power BI reporting solution. First, you’ll explore how to reduce the data model size by removing unnecessary columns and rows. Next, you’ll discover the importance of the column cardinality and how it can affect data model performance. Then, you’ll also understand the benefits of using aggregations feature to make things running faster. Finally, you’ll learn how to identify and resolve poorly performing report elements, such as measures and visuals. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the foundational understanding of data model optimization techniques that will enable you to build more efficient Power BI solutions and get you ready for the PL-300 exam.
Table of contents
- Understanding Cardinality 4m
- Demo: Identifying Column Cardinality with DAX Studio 3m
- Improving Cardinality Levels by Changing Data Types 3m
- Demo: Improving Cardinality Levels by Changing Data Types 2m
- Improving Cardinality Levels Through Summarization 2m
- Demo: Improving Cardinality Levels Through Summarization 4m