RESTful Web Services with PHP and Laravel 7
In today's web application environment, RESTful services play a very important role. This course teaches you how to create such services with one of the most popular PHP frameworks: Laravel.
What you'll learn
With all kinds of applications and devices connecting to web services, traditional server-side rendered web pages are losing ground. Today, RESTful web services play an invaluable role and being able to develop such services poses a great advantage.
In this course, RESTful Web Services with PHP and Laravel, you'll learn which principles RESTful services should follow and how to use the many helpers and tools Laravel offers to create such a service.
Besides learning the steps required to set up API endpoints, handle requests and store data, you'll also understand how to incorporate authentication to secure your service.
At the time you've finished this course, you'll understand how to structure a RESTful service and implement it using Laravel. This will help you to gain a strong position in an environment where skills needed for developing web services are more important than ever before.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Introduction 2m
- Course Structure 2m
- What are RESTful Services? 2m
- Demo Overview 1m
- Postman Setup & Demo 4m
- Demo: Course Project 2m
- Refresher on RESTful Services 3m
- Refresher on Laravel & Setting Laravel Up 3m
- Demo: Course Project Setup 2m
- Cross-origin Resource Sharing (CORS) 2m
- Wrap Up 1m
- Module Overview 2m
- Deriving API Endpoints 4m
- Demo: Deriving API Endpoints 3m
- Requests & Responses 2m
- Data Formats 5m
- Demo: Structuring Request & Response Data (1/2) 4m
- Demo: Structuring Request & Response Data (2/2) 3m
- HTTP Method Assignment 4m
- Demo: HTTP Method Assignment 3m
- Route Protection 3m
- API Endpoints URL Styling 4m
- Module Summary 3m
- Module Overview 1m
- Authentication Approaches 3m
- JWT and OAuth2 2m
- Implementing JWT in Laravel Application 1m
- Installing JWT Package 2m
- Demo: Installing JWT Package 3m
- Configuring JWT Package 1m
- Demo: Configuring JWT Package 1m
- JWT Sign In 1m
- Demo: JWT Sign In 4m
- Token-based Authentication 1m
- Demo: Token-based Authentication - Meetings 9m
- Demo: Token-based Authentication - Registration 4m
- Wrap Up 2m
Laravel is one of the most popular open-source PHP web frameworks for MVC web application development, intended to make the development process easier without sacrificing application functionality.
Laravel supports MVC Architecture and guarantees clarity between logic and presentation. It also helps authentication, routing, sessions, and caching become easier and more painless.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to create RESTful web services with PHP and Laravel.
In this course you will learn:
- What RESTful services are
- How to set up Laravel
- How to design and structure a RESTful service
- How to create routes in Laravel
- Laravel request & response flow
- CRUD operations
- Authentication approaches
- And much more
Before starting this course you should know some of the basics of Laravel and the core ideas behind the RESTful service.
Yes! Laravel is completely free and open-source.