Play by Play: Deploying an Angular 2 App to Azure with Git with John Papa and Shayne Boyer
In this Play by Play course, Master developers John Papa and Shayne Boyer demonstrate how to build an Angular 2 app running on Node with Express, and push it to the cloud using Azure with Git.
What you'll learn
Play by Play is a series in which expert developers work on a solution in real time, unscripted and unrehearsed. In this course, John Papa and Shayne Boyer walk through how to build and deploy an Angular 2 app to Azure. You'll learn valuable tips on how to think about cloud deployment, how to mirror production environments locally using Gulp and Express, and how to use tools like Gulp, Github, and npm scripts to quickly see results in Azure. By the end of this course, you'll be ready to work with Azure and Github in your development environment.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Setting up Angular 2 Quick Start, Azure Portal, and Github 12m
- Publishing the Github Repo to Azure 9m
- Exploring Webhooks in Github, and the Perils of Developing Local vs. Deploying to Production 7m
- Configuring the App for Production with Gulp, Node, and Express 13m
- Pushing the Build to Github and Azure 11m
- What the Node Server Does in Azure 6m
- Conclusion 0m