Play by Play: Angular 2 Quick Start with John Papa and Ward Bell
Angular experts John Papa and Ward Bell show you key features and techniques to get you started with Angular 2 in two hours.
What you'll learn
Curious about getting started in Angular 2? This Play by Play will get you up and running in under two hours. In this course, Angular experts John Papa and Ward Bell build an Angular 2 app from scratch. You’ll learn about the various options for spinning up an Angular 2 app, including the Angular 2 QuickStart on Github. Once installed, you’ll see John and Ward add test coverage (and learn why Ward insists on end-to-end testing), work through building components, data binding, dependency injection, and handling HTTP requests. Along the way, you’ll learn best practices from two Angular masters, and valuable tips that will help you write better code and take advantage of powerful Angular features. By the end of this course, you’ll have a solid launching point for building Angular 2 applications of your own. The code used in the demonstrations is available at http://github.com/johnpapa/pbp-a2-ward. Also be sure to check out the "Code with Us: Angular Quick Start" course, where you can build an app alongside John and Ward.
Table of contents
- Introduction - Quick Start Options 3m
- Creating a New Project Based on the QuickStart 6m
- Exploring the File Structure and Testing the Out of Box Project 2m
- Launching the Out of Box Quick Start App 6m
- Testing with Wallaby.js for Visual Studio Code 4m
- Running e2e End-to-end Test 2m
- Getting Started with Components and Data Binding 13m
- Two-Way Data Binding with ngmod 7m