Play by Play: The Application Platform in Windows Server 2016
There are many benefits to developing applications for Nano Server. In this course, Andrew Mason from the Windows Server team at Microsoft discusses these benefits and how Nano Server provides just enough OS for next-gen distributed applications.
What you'll learn
Developing high-quality applications just became easier than ever with the release of Windows Server 2016 and its Nano Server cloud application platform. In this course, Play by Play: The Application Platform in Windows Server 2016, Andrew Mason from the Windows Server and Services team shows how Windows Server 2016 transforms the application platform and resolves the interface between Devs and Ops. You'll learn about the Nano Server, application deployment options on Windows Server 2016 (physical host, guest VM, and containers), how reverse forwarders simplify migrating legacy applications to Windows Server 2016, and how packaging applications is easier than ever. By the end of this course, you'll be excited about integrating Nano Server in your application platform and ready to get started.
Table of contents
- Introduction 4m
- How Windows Server 2016 Resolves the Interface Between Devs and Ops 12m
- Developing Apps Targeting Nano Server 5m
- Nano Server Cloud Application Platform 6m
- Reverse Forwarders 6m
- Creating/Porting Applications to Nano Server 7m
- Containers and Nano Server 8m
- Packaging Apps Using Windows Server App (WSA) Installer 11m
- Drivers on Nano Server 2m
- Conclusion 2m