Play by Play: Implementing Sustainable and Scalable Salesforce Governance
In this course, you’ll learn how to establish a successful governance team and sell the importance of governance to your organization.
What you'll learn
Play by Play is a series in which top technologists work through a problem in real time, unrehearsed, and unscripted. In this course, Play by Play: Implementing Sustainable and Scalable Salesforce Governance, Patrick Watkins and Don Robins demonstrate key concepts like Master Data Management and Data Stewardship to avoid the pitfalls of “garbage in, garbage out.” Learn about key Software Development Life Cycle best practices within Salesforce, tools that make life easier for all stakeholders, and how to make your governance processes both sustainable and scalable. By the end of this course, you’ll have gained deep and valuable insight into what Governance in practice is all about, and discovered ways to use Governance to help you manage your Salesforce org.
Table of contents
- Balancing Governance and Development 1m
- Example: Integration Permissions 3m
- Documenting Policies 5m
- Inside a Policy Document 6m
- Retrofitting in Practice 3m
- Example: Using Workbench to Examine Metadata 4m
- Example: Orphaned Objects and Cascade Delete 6m
- Example: Examining Validation Rules Using Salesforce DX 3m
- Monitoring and Maintenance 4m
- Managing Exceptions 1m
- Example: Linking Monitoring and Ticketing 4m