Play by Play: Problem Solving in a Developer World
In this course, you’ll learn how to properly construct comprehensive questions, specifically designed to maximize value from the start within the responses from your developer community.
What you'll learn
Play by Play is a series in which top technologists work through a problem in real time, unrehearsed and unscripted. In this course, Play by Play: Problem Solving in a Developer World, Jon Skeet and Lars Klint demonstrate the importance of constructing a well researched question from the start, in order to get the right answers. Learn what the difference is between a good question vs. a bad question, the importance for the community to invest time, and how diagnostics can be a great tool for developers and the industry. By the end of this course, you’ll have a clear understanding on how and why it is important to properly structure your questions right the first time through.
Table of contents
- Who Is the Audience for Great Questions? 5m
- Software Engineering and Communication 2m
- Growing a Developer Mindset 3m
- How Not to Ask a Question 4m
- StackOverflow: Code Formatting 3m
- Too Much Information 3m
- Follow Language Conventions 2m
- X-Y Questions 6m
- What Is a Good Question? 7m
- Bug Reporting and Representative Code 7m