Play by Play: Ruby Development in Vim with Tim Pope
Watch one of the world’s leading Vim experts as he develops a random password generator in Ruby, live and on the spot.
What you'll learn
Watch one of the world’s leading Vim experts as he develops a random password generator in Ruby, live and on the spot. We work through the requirements for the project, implement it, and refactor the code for maximum readability and maintainability. Then Tim chat’s about the Vim plugins he has written and his favorite ways to use Vim.
Table of contents
- Tim's History With Vim 3m
- Tim's Favorite Plugins 10m
- Developing Plugins, Sensible Defaults, and Indentation 5m
- The Surround and Unimpaired Plugins 3m
- Naming Plugins 1m
- Favorite Third Party Plugins 2m
- Thoughts on Git Commit Messages 3m
- Using and Configuring CTAGS 4m
- Git Setup and Config 5m
- Conclusion 0m