The IT Ops Sessions: Should I Switch to PowerShell 7?
In this IT Ops session, you’ll develop a clear understanding of the similarities and differences between PowerShell 5.1 Desktop and PowerShell 7.x Core. You'll then be in an informed position to consider and plan your migration.
What you'll learn
The IT Ops sessions are short-form conference-style sessions, minus the conference. In this session, Should I Switch to PowerShell 7?, you'll develop an understanding of the evolution of PowerShell 5.1 Desktop to PowerShell 7.x Core. By the end of this session, you'll be equipped with crucial information to help you decide whether you should migrate to PowerShell 7 and, if so, how to do so safely and reliably.
Table of contents
- Overview 1m
- PowerShell Timeline 4m
- Compare PowerShell Versions 5m
- Multiple PowerShell Versions Side by Side 2m
- Finding Compatible PowerShell Modules 2m
- The PowerShell Compatibility Feature 3m
- Develop a PowerShell Migration Plan 2m
- Demo: Set up PowerShell 7 3m
- Demo: Set up Visual Studio Code 2m
- Demo: Install Modules from PowerShell Gallery 3m
- Demo: Work with Multiple PowerShell Versions 7m
- For Further Learning 1m
- Summary 2m