Learning the PowerShell Language
This course will teach the essential elements of the PowerShell language. Even though you will apply this knowledge when writing scripts, it is equally valuable when working at a console prompt.
What you'll learn
PowerShell 7 is the next generation of PowerShell that runs not only on Windows, but cross-platform. In this course, Learning the PowerShell Language, you’ll learn how to do more with PowerShell by taking advantage of its language features. First, you’ll learn about variables and how to use them effectively in PowerShell. Next, you’ll discover how to use PowerShell's operators to build simple comparison statements and much more. Finally, you’ll learn how to use arrays and hashtables. When you’re finished with this course, you'll be able to do more with objects in the pipeline and be ready to tackle PowerShell scripting.
Table of contents
- Using Arrays and Hashtables 2m
- Array Fundamentals 2m
- Demo: Array Fundamentals 6m
- Demo: Working with Arrays in PowerShell 4m
- Demo: Splitting and Joining 4m
- Demo: Doing More with Arrays 6m
- Hashtable Fundamentals 3m
- Demo: Hashtable Fundamentals 11m
- Demo: Hashtable Methods and Enumerators 4m
- Demo: PSDefaultParameterValues 4m