Creating GUIs Using PowerShell Studio 2015 - The Essentials
Take your PowerShell toolmaking skills to the next level by building a front-end for your awesome PowerShell Scripts.
What you'll learn
If you ever wanted to take your Windows PowerShell Toolmaking skills to the next level, then this course is just for you. We will use Sapien's PowerShell Studio 2015, the "Visual Studio" of Windows PowerShell, and use it to build Windows Forms from scratch -- using its drag and drop functionality and your existing knowledge of Windows PowerShell. In this soup-to-nuts PowerShell GUI building course, you will get your feet wet with PoweShell Studio 2015, get comfortable with its interface, and then build an Event Log collector tool from scratch, which you can then share with others either as an EXE or MSI file. You'll be able to do all of this without writing a single line of C# or VB.Net code, thereby giving you, the IT Pro, the ability to build GUIs without the need to learn a new programming language.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Tour of Sapien's PowerShell Studio 2015 6m
- Tour of Sapien's PowerShell Studio 2015 - Time Saving Tips 3m
- Introduction to Windows Forms Controls 11m
- Event Log Collector v1.0 3m
- Designing the GUI - Step 1 4m
- Designing the GUI - Step 2 1m
- Designing the GUI - Step 3 1m
- Designing the GUI - Step 4 3m
- Designing the GUI - The Add-ons 2m
- Module Summary 2m