PowerShell Toolmaking Fundamentals
Are you a beginning to intermediate PowerShell scripter tired of just copying and pasting others’ work? Learn how to write useful scripts yourself and begin to think of your scripts as tools.
What you'll learn
Quit wasting time recreating the wheel building one-off PowerShell scripts. In this course, PowerShell Toolmaking Fundamentals, you’ll learn to build reusable PowerShell tools using best practices. First, you'll explore how to think through design and build decisions. Then, you'll see how to use PowerShell for searching log events, creating your own menuing system for controlling Azure VMs, and more. Finally, you'll learn how to evolve your toolmaking from simple scripts to functions and modules. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of PowerShell needed to transform existing scripts into tools, build new tools, and understand how to go from PowerShell scripter to PowerShell developer.
Table of contents
- Log Sleuthing with PowerShell 1m
- Creating the Event Log Investigator Command 7m
- Limiting Output and Spot Checking Windows Events 4m
- Building the Event Log Investigator Script 3m
- Interrogating Text Logs: Collecting Disk Locations 7m
- Interrogating Text Logs: Searching for Files 6m
- Building the Text Log Investigator Script 5m
- Building the Toolset 6m
- Module Summary 0m