Functional Programming with Python 2
Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world today. Functional programming is also enjoying a resurgence of popularity. This course shows you how to marry the two and apply functional programming principles in Python.
What you'll learn
Functional programming (or FP) is a fifty-year-old idea that is becoming more and more relevant in building low-fault, high-concurrency systems. In this course, Functional Programming with Python 2, you will learn six essential paradigms of FP and how to implement them in Python. You will learn how to recognize problems that lend themselves to functional solutions, how to implement them professionally, and how they can be used to make your programs more robust and succinct. When you're finished with this course, you will be well on your way to adapting a functional style of programming to your Python projects.
Table of contents
- Introduction and Foudations of Recursion 3m
- Demo: Summing, Recursively 1m
- Tail Recursion 1m
- Demo: Tail Recursive Sum Function 2m
- Trampolining 1m
- Demo: Fibonacci, Trampoline Style! 3m
- Recap: Recursion, Tail Recusion, and Trampolining 2m
- Demo: Processing Lists and Tuples Recursively and Enhancing the Order Processing System 3m
- Summary 2m