Working with Files in Python
Python is the best language to learn at any point in your career. In this course you will learn how to work with files in Python, including how to create files, append text, read from files, find files, create and locate directories, and more
What you'll learn
Understanding how to work with files is an absolute must when developing applications with Python.
In this course, Working with Files in Python, you’ll gain the ability to create files, append text, read from files, find files, create and locate directories, and more.
First, you’ll learn the differences between working with files in different operating systems.
Next, you’ll explore how to create and locate directories.
Finally, you’ll discover how to find, create, delete, and rename files as well as how to read and write to them.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of file handling needed to create Python applications that require working with files.
Table of contents
- Working with Directories, Files, Processes, and Environment Variables 5m
- System Processes with Psutil 5m
- Platform Information and Environment Variables with OS 3m
- Understanding the Differences in File Structures between Windows, Mac, and Linux 7m
- Working with Directories and Locating Files 8m
- Evaluating and Opening Files 6m
- Reading and Writing to Files 5m
- Closing Files 3m
- Deleting Files 3m
- Takeaway 4m