Using Hooks in React 18
This course will teach you how to best use React Hooks, how to build your own Hooks, and how to combine Hooks together to make awesome React apps.
What you'll learn
This course is about learning everything you need to use React Hooks in your React apps, as well as how to build your own custom Hooks to satisfy your own state and component lifecycle management. In this course, Using Hooks in React 18, you’ll learn to use React Hooks in your function components as well as understand the motivation behind hooks. First, you’ll explore what a React Hook actually is by building your own useState Hook from scratch. Next, you’ll discover the built-in React Hooks provided by the React Facebook team. Finally, you’ll learn how to combine the built-in Hooks and Hooks you build yourself, as well as third-party Hooks into real world React apps. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of React Hooks needed to build highly performant, easily maintainable React apps that provide an awesome user experience to your end users.
Table of contents
- Combining React Context and Hooks 3m
- Extract Context to a Component 3m
- Optimize Context Location 3m
- Extract a Custom Hook from Context 4m
- A Custom React Hook for REST Calls 5m
- Shared Context and the App Home Page 6m
- Context and the Speaker Landing Pages 6m
- Adding a Pivot Menu for Speakers 6m
- Leveraging the useEffect Dependency Array 3m
- Takeaways 1m