React: Getting Started
Learn the React way to build rich interactive UIs using both class and function components with React Hooks, and build a game for kids with it.
What you'll learn
Table of contents
- What We Are Building 2m
- Working with Static Markup 7m
- Extracting Components for Reusability and Readability 7m
- View Functions: State => UI 12m
- Behavior Functions: State => New State 11m
- Resetting the State 6m
- Using Side Effects Hooks 15m
- Unmounting and Remounting Components 6m
- Using Custom Hooks 12m
This is a beginner-level course and by the end, you should be comfortable working with function and class components in React, manage an application state, and be able to build simple React applications from scratch.
All the examples we do in this course should work on any React version greater than 16.8.