Creating Realistic Bullet Impact Dynamics in Maya
In this series of Maya tutorials, we will learn about the techniques of creating the impact of bullets on a concrete wall and metallic door.
What you'll learn
In this series of Maya tutorials, we will learn about the techniques of creating the impact of bullets on a concrete wall and metallic door. We are going to extract and go over the elements of bullet impacts step-by-step. Throughout these lessons we delve into FX and learn the art of understanding Maya dynamics. We will learn useful techniques and MEL scripts to make our process easy and enjoyable. We will learn the techniques to produce dusty smoke, ground dust, wall fragments, dust particles, and metal collision effects. This course will be an eye-opener and will quickly and easily explain the power of MEL scripts and expressions as well as teach the art of Maya particles and fluids. This tutorial will also share the deeper aesthetics of art and careful studies of a phenomenon. By the end of the training, you will be ready to shoot anything with Maya.
Table of contents
- Elements of the Project 5m
- Creating Wall Bullet Impacts 10m
- Creating Bullet Holes with Instancer 11m
- Introduction to Fragments 14m
- Continuing with Fragments 14m
- Building Dust Particles with Variation 18m
- Introduction to Ground Dust 8m
- Creating the Ground Dust 6m
- Introduction to Dusty Smoke 14m
- Creating Metal Door Bullet Impacts 10m
- Rendering and Compositing 4m