Realistic Insect Sculpting Techniques in ZBrush
In this tutorial, we will be sculpting a scorpion and wasp scene in ZBrush. Software required: ZBrush, KeyShot, and Photoshop.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, we will be sculpting a scorpion and wasp scene in ZBrush. We will learn how to sculpt these creatures from a ZSphere armature, then work our way to a detailed sculpt. We will then finish the tutorial with a final render of the two creatures in KeyShot. Throughout these tutorials, you will become better acquainted with the tools in ZBrush that will aid you the most in developing a detailed insect sculpture for your own projects. By the end, you will be able to adapt these skills to create a wide range of your own creepy crawly creatures. Software required: ZBrush, KeyShot, and Photoshop.
Table of contents
- Observing References of the Scorpion and Wasp 1m
- Building an Armature Using Zspheres 7m
- Blocking Out the Major Forms of the Scorpion 18m
- Refining the Details of the Scorpion 14m
- Sculpting the Tail and Detailing 14m
- Finishing the Scorpion 15m
- Sculpting the Wasp 15m
- Refining the Details of the Wasp 13m
- Creating Wings for the Wasp 17m
- Rendering the Scene in KeyShot 11m
- Adjusting the Final Image in Photoshop 17m