Rendering Flicker-Free Final Gather in Maya
In this series of Maya tutorials, we will explore a number of techniques that we can use in Maya to help eliminate the flickering problems that we often encounter whenever rendering with Final Gather. Software required: Maya 2013.
What you'll learn
In this series of Maya tutorials, we will explore a number of techniques that we can use in Maya to help eliminate the flickering problems that we often encounter whenever rendering with Final Gather. This flickering is an extremely common problem that can be difficult to fix. We will begin this course by exploring the mechanics of the final gather solution and explaining why this flickering is just a natural part of the final gathering process. From there, we will learn a number of ways in which we can start fixing the problem, using specialized final gather solutions for stationary objects in your scene, tips to avoid flickering when using image-based lighting, using specialized mental ray Production Shaders to help eliminate final gather flickering, and many additional tips and workflows to help you create flicker free final gather in Maya. Software required: Maya 2013.
Table of contents
- Understanding the Cause of Final Gather Flicker 5m
- Eliminating Flickering for Camera Flythroughs 11m
- Boosting Final Gather Quality to Reduce Flicker 11m
- Using Light Sources to Reduce Final Gather Flicker 9m
- Rendering Flicker-free Image-based Lighting 14m
- Using Multiple Environments to Control Final Gather Results 15m
- Using Multiple Cameras to Reduce Final Gather Flicker 14m