RHEL 8: Deploying, Configuring and Maintaining Systems
Everyday administration skills in Linux require you to be able to install software as a minimum. This course will teach you not only to install software but to be able to rollback software changes.
What you'll learn
Ensuring that services are started automatically, especially the time service ensuring accurate time on your system, is essential. In this course, RHEL 8: Deploying, Configuring and Maintaining Systems, you’ll learn to manage services, software and boot targets. First, you’ll explore software management in RHEL 8. Next, you’ll discover service management including configuring the chrony time client. Finally, you’ll learn how to schedule tasks using the cron and at services. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of Linux administration needed to manage your enterprise servers.
Table of contents
- Using YUM or DNF 6m
- Checking Your RHEL Subscription 3m
- Understanding the Basics of the RHEL Package Manager 2m
- Using the Basic Operations of the RHEL Package Manager 5m
- Understanding Package Repositories 6m
- Creating a Local Repository 8m
- Creating Your Own Web Based Repository 4m
- Working with Security Updates 6m
- Working with Modules 5m
- Summary and What's Next 4m