Routing Serilog 2 Log Entries with Filters and Formatters
Enable fast and easy log analysis in your ASP.NET Core applications by using Serilog to route entries to the right place (sink) and get them formatted to eliminate noise. Become a logging super-hero in ASP.NET Core with this course!
What you'll learn
In this course, Routing Serilog Log Entries with Filters and Formatters, you will learn foundational knowledge to get ASP.NET Core log entries written WHERE you want and formatted HOW you want. First, you will learn to use Serilog filters and sub-loggers to route entries to a sink of your choosing. Next, you will discover sink options and how they can fine-tune entries. Finally, you will explore how to create your own custom formatters to get log entries written precisely as you want. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Serilog routing and formatting needed to supercharge your ASP.NET Core logging.
Table of contents
- Introduction 2m
- Formatting Concepts 2m
- Critiquing the Default SQL Server Sink Entries 3m
- Cleaning up Log Entries 2m
- Using ColumnOptions in the SQL Server Sink 4m
- Using Included Sink Options with the Elasticsearch Sink 4m
- Creating a Custom Formatter for the Elasticsearch Sink 5m
- Reviewing the HTTP Sink's JSON Formatter 3m
- Flattening Log Entries by Evaluating StructureValues 2m
- Flattening Log Entries within Custom Elasticsearch Formatter 1m
- Summary and Send-off 1m