This course is designed to give you everything you need to start developing software in Ruby quickly.
What you'll learn
Ruby is a dynamic, thoroughly object oriented programming language with a focus on developer happiness and productivity.
This Ruby course is designed to give you everything you need to start developing software in Ruby quickly.
- You will learn about all of the key features of the language: classes, methods, blocks, modules.
- You will find out about some of the standard types included in Ruby, such as strings, arrays, hashes and regular expressions.
- You will also get an introduction to tools and techniques you need to write real world software, including testing, debugging and packaging your code.
Table of contents
- Overview 1m
- Creating Classes and Objects 3m
- Instance Variables and Methods 3m
- Accessors and Virtual Attributes 3m
- Initialization and Cleanup 1m
- Inheritance 6m
- Class Methods and Variables 4m
- Method Visibility 6m
- Executable Class Bodies and self 3m
- Open Classes and Monkey Patching 3m
- Equality 3m
- Summary 0m
- Overview 0m
- Branching 2m
- Conditional Initialization 3m
- Flow Control Using and/or 2m
- Case Statement 2m
- Looping Constructs 3m
- Looping with Iterators and Blocks 3m
- Controlling Loop Flow 2m
- Handling Exceptions 4m
- Raising Exceptions 1m
- Exceptions: ensure and else Clauses 2m
- Exceptions: Retrying and Rescue Modifier 2m
- Throw and Catch 3m
- Scope 1m
- Summary 0m
Ruby is a general purpose, object-oriented programming language. It is open-sourced, dynamic, and focuses on simplicity and productivity.
Compared to several other programming languages, Ruby is pretty easy to learn. If you are already familiar with another similar programming language it will be even easier to pick up. Ruby is also easily readable and expressive.
You will learn everything you need to start developing software in Ruby, including:
- Key language features - classes, methods, blocks, etc.
- Standard types in Ruby - strings, arrays, hashes, etc.
- Helpful tools and techniques for writing code
- Testing, debugging, and packaging code
- Much more
This course is for anyone who wants to start learning the Ruby programming language and developing web applications and software!
This Ruby tutorial has a run time of 3 hours and 43 minutes. There are options to speed up or slow down the playback speed through Pluralsight's platform, so you can adjust it to your preference.
About the author
Network Interface Layer and Ethernet Operation for Cisco CCNA 200-125/100-105
- 3h 5m