Sculpting Concepts in ZBrush for 3D printing in MakerBot Desktop
Throughout these lessons, we'll cover the principles of sculpting for 3D printing inside ZBrush 4R7. Software required: ZBrush 4R7, Alchemy, MakerBot Desktop.
What you'll learn
Throughout these lessons, we'll cover the principles of sculpting for 3D printing inside ZBrush 4R7. We'll discuss the importance of water tight meshes through DynaMesh and making separate parts from a once solid mesh. We'll then take our sculpture out of ZBrush and go through the export process so that we can create a physical model within out extrusion based printer; along the way going over some best practices and tips on our way to demystifying this new exciting technology. Software required: ZBrush 4R7, Alchemy, MakerBot Desktop.
Table of contents
- Using Alchemy for Concepts 10m
- Creating Our Armature and Base Volume 9m
- Making a Mesh and Blocking out Our Model 10m
- Adding Details 10m
- Finalizing Model and Cutting up for Export 8m
- Exporting Model for a G-Code Slicer 6m
- Learning About Extrusion and Sli 3D Printers 10m
- Importing Model 4m
- Discussing Best Practices for 3D Printing 7m
- Starting the Printing Process 8m
- Finalizing Your Print 9m