Building the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
In this course, you'll learn what the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is and how to effectively manage it with the help of the Common Service Data Model (CSDM).
What you'll learn
The Configuration Management Database, or CMDB, is a data repository that contains all the assets and services managed by a company. This information includes servers, network devices, applications, services, and more. In this course, Building the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB), you’ll learn all about the CMDB and CSDM. First, you'll discover why CMDB and CSDM are required. Next, you'll explore how to use IntegrationHub ETL to upload data in the CMDB to manage assets. Finally, you’ll learn how to get more value from your ServiceNow investments when leveraging CSDM and CMDB. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of building the ServiceNow CMDB to manage all assets and services.
Table of contents
- Taking a Personal Development Instance 2m
- Demo: Taking a Personal Development Instance 1m
- CMDB Basics: Part 1 3m
- CMDB Basics: Part 2 3m
- CMDB Data Population 3m
- Demo: IntegrationHub ETL - Part 1 5m
- Demo: IntegrationHub ETL - Part 2 5m
- Advanced CMDB: CI Class Manager and IRE 2m
- Advanced CMDB: CI Identifiers and Reconciliation Rules 5m
- Advanced CMDB: Multisource CMDB 2m
- Summary 1m