SharePoint 2013 Workflow - Web Services
Building off the SharePoint 2013 Workflow - Fundamentals and SharePoint 2013 Workflow - Advanced Topics courses, this course will demonstrate how you can use web services within your SharePoint 2013 workflows.
What you'll learn
Workflow changed quite a bit in the SharePoint 2013 release from previous versions of SharePoint. The new workflow platform is implemented with a new product called Workflow Manager 1.0. This course builds off what you learned in the SharePoint 2013 Workflow - Fundamentals and the SharePoint 2013 Workflow - Advanced Topics courses. In this course you will learn how to work with web services in your SharePoint 2013 workflows to meet today's business requirements. You will learn how to read and write to anonymous web services and how to authenticate and interact with the SharePoint 2013 REST API from both SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio when the provided activities don't provide the necessary tools to complete the task. Finally you will also learn how to communicate with secured web services including third party OAuth secured services and how to deploy, and interact, with your own custom secured web services.
Table of contents
- Introduction 3m
- Securing and Interacting with Custom OData (REST) Services 5m
- DEMO: Creating SharePoint-Secured Custom Service 13m
- DEMO: Visual Studio WF + SharePoint-Secured Custom Service Part 1 15m
- DEMO: Visual Studio WF + SharePoint-Secured Custom Service Part 2 10m
- DEMO: Examine Context Token and More Thoughts on Security 5m
- Summary 5m