SharePoint Framework Development with PnP
This course will teach you how to use SharePoint Framework extensions and Microsoft Patterns and Practices to create an app for SharePoint as well as leverage connections to other Microsoft 365 services.
What you'll learn
Many businesses use Microsoft 365 to allow collaboration across the world, and SharePoint Framework extensions allow those businesses to extend the functionality for their users on a global scale, to provide bespoke applications and customizations. In this course, SharePoint Framework Development with PnP, you’ll learn how to use SharePoint Framework extensions and Microsoft Patterns and Practices to create an app for SharePoint, leveraging connections to other Microsoft 365 services. First, you’ll explore how to enable SPFx extensions and install the PnP components. Next, you’ll discover how to create an app for SharePoint using Framework Extensions and use Microsoft Patterns and Practices to connect to other services. Finally, you’ll learn how to manage the app and update it, and also how to update existing sites to the modern SharePoint experience. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of a SharePoint Framework developer needed to extend SharePoint to include a customized experience for the users.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Installing PnP CLI and PnP PowerShell Cmdlets 3m
- Using the PnP CLI to Rename the App 2m
- Deploying the App Using the PnP Cmdlets 2m
- Removing the App Using the PnP Cmdlets 1m
- Setting up the App to Retrieve the User's Agenda from Microsoft Graph Using PnP 3m
- Creating the React Component for the Agenda Feature of the App 2m
- Creating the Main Parts of the React Component 5m
- Seeing the New App in Action and Summary 2m