Simulating a Burning Matchstick Effect in Maya
In this Maya tutorial we'll be simulating a burning matchstick effect using Maya Fluids. Software required: Maya-2014,After-effects-CS6.
What you'll learn
In this Maya tutorial we'll be simulating a burning matchstick effect using Maya Fluids. First we'll create the look and feel of flame using necessary attributes of fluids. Then we'll create the attributes of wispy smoke. Finally we'll learn the procedural texture set up to create the effect of a decomposed matchstick. This course is an eye-opener for learning the essential components of fluid container and emitter along with texture study. By the end of this Maya training you'll be well equipped to simulate your own burning matchstick effect. Software required: Maya-2014,After-effects-CS6.
Table of contents
- Exploring the Files 6m
- Creating a Flame Set Up 10m
- Creating Procedural Texture Maps 12m
- Modifying Flame with Temperature Grids and Maps 10m
- Adding a Final Touch with Incandescence Map 9m
- Finalizing Flame Attributes 8m
- Creating a Wispy Smoke Set Up 11m
- Modifying a Texture Map 8m
- Blocking out the Decomposition Map 11m
- Finalizing Decomposed Texture Work Flow 8m
- Creating an Incandescence Map 7m