SOLIDWORKS Essentials - Revolve and Sweep
This course will demonstrate how to create somewhat-complex shapes using Revolve and Sweep tools, which are the most efficient tools to achieve this kind of complex geometry in SOLIDWORKS.
What you'll learn
You'll be able to create contour curves and shapes using these two easy-to-use tools. First, you'll learn how to create Revolved Bosses and Swept Bosses. Next, you'll learn more about that topic and create Thin Features and Cut Features. Finally, you'll be demonstrating all of these concepts while modeling a Basketball Hoop and a Basketball. When you're finished with this SOLIDWORKS course, you'll not only master these tools in a short time period, but also be able to identify more opportunities to use them and be able to be more productive and reach your design goals efficiently and confidently. Software required: SOLIDWORKS (any release/version).
Table of contents
- Rules and Requirements for a Revolve Feature; Oven Revolve vs. Closed Revolve 3m
- Demonstration: Creating a Basketball Hoop Using a Revolve Feature; Exploring the Revolve Property Manager 7m
- Design Intent and Design Tip for Manufacturing 2m
- Rules and Requirements for a Sweep Feature 2m
- Demonstration: Creating a Support Hoop Using a Sweep Feature; Exploring Reference Geometry 6m
- Bonus Material and Creating a More Complex Sweep: Designing the Net Hooks for the Basketball Hoop 3m