Spring Framework 5: Using Spring Security OAuth2 Login
Securing your application with OAuth2 can seem like a daunting task. This course will teach you how to leverage Spring Security with Spring Boot to quickly and securely add OAuth2 Login to your applications.
What you'll learn
Adding OAuth2 login or social login to your application does not have to be hard. In this course, Spring Framework 5: Using Spring Security OAuth2 Login, you’ll learn to quickly and secretly add OAuth2 login to your application. First, you’ll explore what OAuth2 is, its use cases, and just how simple it is to add with Spring Security. Next, you’ll discover how to create your own authorization server and completely outsource your applications authentication to it using OIDC. Finally, you’ll learn how to tailor the framework to your application's security requirements. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of OAuth2 support in Spring Security needed to secure modern day Multi and Single page applications with OAuth2.
Table of contents
- Module Introduction 1m
- A Peek under the Covers of Spring Boots OAuth2 Auto-configuration 3m
- Adding OAuth2 Login to Form Login 5m
- A Closer Look at the Spring Security Oauth2 Architecture 5m
- Auto-registering a New OAuth2 User 7m
- Dealing with Multiple Authentication Strategies 7m
- Customizing the Default Configuration 2m
- Wrap-up 1m