SQL Extensibility Features with Snowflake 5
This course will teach you how to use various SQL extensibility features like stored procedures, user-defined functions, and views in the Snowflake data cloud platform.
What you'll learn
Snowflake provides a number interfaces that you can use to write an application that connects to Snowflake. In this course, SQL Extensibility Features with Snowflake 5, you’ll learn to use various SQL extensibility features and their significance on the Snowflake data cloud platform. First, you’ll explore stored procedures and their advantages. Next, you’ll discover user-defined functions with their use cases. Finally, you’ll learn how to use views and keep them secure. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of building reusable SQL components needed to build scalable Snowflake data in the cloud.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Introduction 2m
- What Is a Stored Procedure (SP)? 4m
- What Is a User-Defined Function (UDF)? 2m
- Comparison: SP vs. UDF 2m
- Demo: Creating Stored Procedures 7m
- Demo: Stored Procedures Advanced Concepts 9m
- Demo: Creating User-defined Functions 7m
- Demo: User-defined Functions Advanced Concepts 5m
- Summary 1m