SSIS Database Maintenance Playbook
Database maintenance is an inescapable part of a database administrator's life. This course teaches you how to use SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to automate that work and save time.
What you'll learn
Every database administrator needs to have a database maintenance plan, whether they're looking after one database or 1000s of servers. Those plans can be split into regular, scheduled maintenance and on-demand operations for unscheduled requirements.
In this tutorial, SSIS Database Maintenance Playbook, you'll learn how to use the power of SQL Server Integration Services to get the job done and explore many related operations that will save you from searching for solutions or writing your own from scratch.
First, you'll discover how to plan a maintenance schedule and the pillars that support that work.
Next, you'll delve into the operations that you can use for work that come up less frequently, but still need to be done efficiently and correctly.
Finally, you'll explore how to parameterize these operations as well as powerful methods for run-time control.
When you're finished with this SSIS tutorial, you'll have a great tool set that will save you time and get your database maintenance on a solid footing.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Introducing Database Maintenance Using SSIS 1m
- Overview 2m
- Understanding the Five Pillars of Database Maintenance 2m
- Getting a Handle on the Business Perspective 1m
- Introducing SQL Server Integration Services 1m
- Picturing SSIS High-level Architecture 1m
- Comparing Database Maintenance Plans and SSIS 2m
- Module Summary 1m
- Introducing Other Database Maintenance Tasks 1m
- Using the Transfer Database Task 3m
- Transferring Error Messages 3m
- Implementing the Transfer Jobs Task 3m
- Transferring Logins to Another Instance 2m
- Copying Stored Procedures 2m
- Using Database-level Object Transference 3m
- Shrinking a Database 2m
- Cleaning up History 2m
- Module Summary 2m