SSRS Data Sourcing Playbook
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a powerful reporting tool that is tightly coupled with SQL Server. This course will teach you how to collate, configure, and customize data from various sources to be used in building reports with SSRS.
What you'll learn
Data Sourcing is the first step in your journey towards building great reports and dashboards using SQL server. In this course, SSRS Data Sourcing Playbook, you’ll learn to prepare your datasets to be used in the creation of reports and dashboards in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). First, you’ll explore how to connect to various data sources. Next, you’ll discover how to work with embedded and shared data sources and convert them to datasets that can be used in reports and dashboards. Finally, you’ll learn how to customize your SSRS reports by using features like connection strings, custom expressions, and filter locations. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of SSRS data sourcing needed to create rich and powerful reports. Software required: SQL Server 2019; SQL Server Reporting Services.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Course Introduction 4m
- Tools and Databases Used 1m
- Basic SSRS Concepts 4m
- Connecting to SQL Server (On-premise) 3m
- Demo: SQL Server Connection Type, Text Query 4m
- Demo: OLE DB Connection Type, Table Query 1m
- Demo: ODBC Connection Type, Stored Procedure Query 2m
- Connecting to Microsoft Azure SQL Database 1m
- Demo: Connecting to Microsoft Azure SQL Database 2m