Substance Procedural Texturing in Maya
In this tutorial, we will be exploring the Substance procedural texturing system included with Maya. Software required: Maya 2012 and up.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, we will be exploring the Substance procedural texturing system included with Maya. With Substance, we no longer have to rely on the time-consuming process of acquiring and manipulating photographs to suit our texturing needs. Substance allows us to procedurally generate textures that are highly realistic and highly customizable. This tutorial will cover essential topics such as applying and modifying Substance textures, understanding the limitations and potential complications you may run into when using Substance textures, and how we can work around these. We will also learn how to create our own custom Substance textures, and how to extend the functionality of Substance through the use of 3rd-party plugins. Software required: Maya 2012 and up.
Table of contents
- Loading the Substance Plugin for Maya 1m
- Creating Substance Textures in Maya 8m
- Connecting and Disconnecting Substance Nodes 5m
- Controlling Substance Texture Resolution 6m
- Substance Texture Placement in Maya 6m
- Baking Substance Textures in Maya 5m
- Using the Bitmap2material Plugin 6m
- Using the Maya Substance Bonus Tools 6m
- Rendering Substance Textures in Mental Ray 7m