Designing Game Puzzles in Unity
Puzzles can be an intimidating area of design. This course, you'll learn the fundamentals of puzzle design, and how to create modular components that can be used to build puzzles that become a thematically coherent ensemble for your game. Software required: Unity 5.6.
What you'll learn
Have you ever wanted to integrate puzzles into your game, but weren't sure where to start? In this course, Designing Game Puzzles in Unity, you'll be given the jump start you're looking for, as you'll learn the technical aspects of the how and why of puzzle design. First, you'll start by discovering some of the foundations of puzzle design, and what to consider when developing your puzzles. Next, you'll build out modular components that when combined together can create a large variety of challenges for your player. Finally, you'll take your new found skill sets and apply them to fully realized complete puzzle concepts. When you're finished with this course, you'll be able to confidentially create engaging puzzles that will work both alone and as a set. Software required: Unity 5.6.
Table of contents
- Introduction to the Bullseye Puzzle 7m
- Expanding the Arrow Script 5m
- Creating the Shield Script 6m
- Introduction to the Teleporter Puzzle 9m
- Creating the Object Appearing Script 7m
- Editing the Pressure Plate Script 5m
- Introduction to the Hidden Path Puzzle 9m
- Writing the Trigger Script 7m
- Modifying the Lever Script 6m