Designing Motion Controller Experiences in Unreal
Interacting in VR with motion controllers is one of the most exciting things in tech right now. This course will teach you how to interact with and move through your own creations with motion controllers and VR. Software required: Unreal Engine 4.
What you'll learn
Have you ever wanted to stand in a world you've created or hold that model you spent so much time on in your hands? In this course, Designing Motion Controller Experiences in Unreal, you'll learn how to setup a project that will allow you to do just that with the help of Unreal Engine and VR motion controllers. First, you'll learn how to setup a VR character with motion controllers. Next, you'll discover how to interact with objects with motion controllers. Finally, you'll explore how to create a teleport system. By the end of this course, you'll know how to create a project that will allow you to move freely throughout a scene while having the ability to pick up and play with whatever objects you choose. Software required: Unreal Engine 4.
Table of contents
- How to Setup an Interface 4m
- Setting up our Objects for Interaction 7m
- Creating Grab Variables 6m
- Creating Grab and Drop Functions 5m
- Building a Grab Actor Function 4m
- Building a Get Actor Near Hand Function 10m
- Building a Release Actor Function 6m
- Setting up the Left Hand Grab Functions 8m
- Implementing Trigger Inputs to Grab 5m