Making a VR Experience in Unreal Engine 4
VR is an incredible and fast-growing new form of media. This course will take you through the basics of making your own VR experience in Unreal Engine 4, covering setup, tracked headsets, controlling interactions and more.
What you'll learn
With the sudden rise of high quality virtual reality hardware, many are left scrambling to create content for this exciting new platform. This course, Making a VR Experience in Unreal Engine 4, will walk you through the basics of what VR is and how you can start making good use of it. You'll learn how to set up a VR project from scratch in Unreal as well as how to build systems of interaction that make use of a tracked headset. You'll also learn how to control interactions through the HMD and avoid playing an action or animation when the viewer isn't looking at it. When you're done, you'll have a good foundation to build on as you create your own unique VR experiences.
Table of contents
- How to Build Gaze Overlap Blueprints for Our VR Characcter 5m
- How to Make and use Collision Volumes 5m
- How to Communicate Between Our Pawn and Level Blueprints 7m
- How to Teleport a Character from One Location to Another 6m
- How to Activate Teleport with Specific Button Controls 5m
- How Create a Visual Indicator for Our Teleport Pads 9m
- How to Toggle an Indicator Light with a Glance 7m
- How to Bring Our Puzzle Box Animation into Matinee 7m
- How to Activate a Matinee in the Level Blueprint 4m
- How to Create a Fade Effect with Matinee 3m
- How to Control Our Teleport with a Matinee Event Track 9m