Updating Stacks with AWS CloudFormation
This course will teach you how you can automate updates within CloudFormation templates for both single accounts and organizations.
What you'll learn
Infrastructure as code and deploying infrastructure in an automated and repeatable manner is one of the highest demanded skills within the tech industry. Working in the cloud, you will need to be comfortable with both of those concepts, and this course will walk you through the different possibilities of creating, updating, and deleting infrastructure within AWS using CloudFormation and its many capabilities.
In this course, Updating Stacks with AWS CloudFormation, you’ll learn to provision updates to your infrastructure in a repeatable and automatic way. First, you’ll explore CloudFormation stack types. Next, you’ll discover how to utilize Change Sets within CloudFormation. Finally, you’ll learn how to detect infrastructure configuration drift within your organization. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge about CloudFormation Stacks needed to automate your infrastructure deployments in a repeatable fashion.
Table of contents
- Course and Module Introduction 3m
- Methods of Updating CloudFormation Stacks - Overview 3m
- Using Direct Updates - Demo 9m
- Using Change Sets - Demo 5m
- CloudFormation Stack Policies - Overview 3m
- Implement Stack Policies - Demo 8m
- Nested Stacks - Overview 3m
- Deploy Nested Stacks - Demo 8m
- Stack Rollbacks, Notifications, and Cancellations - Demo 7m
- Module Review 2m
- Module Introduction 2m
- CloudFormation Outputs - Overview 2m
- Exporting CloudFormation Outputs - Demo 2m
- CloudFormation Imports - Overview 2m
- Importing Existing Resources into CloudFormation - Demo 5m
- CloudFormation Drift Detection - Overview 1m
- Detecting Drift in CloudFormation Stacks - Demo 4m
- Module and Course Review 3m