Using IIS 10 as a Developer
IIS is the backbone for application development in the Microsoft stack. This course will teach you what IIS is, how it works, and how to work effectively with it.
What you'll learn
Delivering applications today means delivering applications to the web, and working in the Microsoft stack means delivering with Internet Information Server (IIS), their flagship webserver. In this course, Using IIS as a Developer, you’ll learn to make IIS work for you.. First, you’ll explore the underlying protocols that make a connection between IIS and a browser work. Next, you’ll discover how IIS is organized, and how to deliver applications to it. Finally, you’ll learn how to structure your applications effectively for deploying to IIS. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of working with Internet Information Server (IIS) needed to operate effectively as a web developer with the Microsoft stack.
Table of contents
- Working with Domain Names 4m
- Demo: Domain Names and Certificates 6m
- More Advanced Web Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 4m
- Demo: Developing a Simple Website with Visual Studio 6m
- Publishing from Visual Studio 1m
- Demo: Publishing from Visual Studio 2m
- Azure and IIS 1m
- Demo: Visual Studio and Azure 4m
- The Right Way to Deploy to IIS and Azure 4m
- Course Summary 1m