Using MiniProfiler in ASP.NET Core 4
This course will help you enable MiniProfiler, which can show you the timing of different code segments within your HTTP request, report on what SQL Statements were run during a request, and even help to detect problems.
What you'll learn
As developers, we want to get fast feedback about how our code is performing, and MiniProfiler is a library that helps us do just that. In this course, Using MiniProfiler in ASP.NET Core 4, you will learn how you can have the information you need to understand how your application is performing, quickly. First, you will see how to install MiniProfiler. Next, you will learn how you can time critical segments of code and how to track your data access performance. Finally, you will learn how you can track all of the HTTP calls your application makes in a really simple and elegant way. By the end this course, you’ll know how to use MiniProfiler to gain insights into what your application is doing and how it is performing that you never had before.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- What Can MiniProfiler Do for You? 5m
- Adding MiniProfiler to Your Application 3m
- Tracking Data Access When Using Entity Framework Core 2m
- Tracking Data Access When Using ADO.NET or Dapper 4m
- Timing Segments of Your Code 4m
- Using Custom Timings to Track External Calls 3m
- Using a Custom Handler to Track Every HTTP Call 2m
- Controlling Access to MiniProfiler Data 4m
- Logging MiniProfiler Data to a Database 3m
- Final Thoughts and Tips 1m