Using Predictive Analytics to Improve the Customer Journey
This entry-level class offers something for designers and business leaders who want to apply Big Data to solve real-world problems, and for data wizards who want to understand the practical applications for their abstract algorithms and insights.
What you'll learn
A recent survey showed that 89% of companies want to use predictive analytics to improve their business. One of the biggest problems in the realm of Big Data is now that organizations have built teams to generate all these analytics - they’re struggling to figure out what to do with it.
In this course, Using Predictive Analytics to Improve the Customer Journey, you'll learn how to address this problem by harnessing Big Data in a way that leads to real-world benefits.
First, you'll learn what predictive customer analytics are, how they are generated, and why they are valuable for making sure your products, customer experience, and websites don’t fall behind. Next, you’ll explore how to use customer journey mapping to spot hidden opportunities (as well as “pain points”) that need to be addressed. Finally, you’ll meld predictive analytics with journey mapping to reveal how you can improve your products and increase customer satisfaction.
At the end of this course, you not only will be able to build data-informed visualizations that improve UX and boost sales, but you’ll also gain insights that will help you better manage teams comprised of both data geeks and design nerds.
Table of contents
- Data Acquisition Phase, Step 2: Identifying Relevant Data 3m
- Data Acquisition Phase, Step 2, Part 2: Asking the Right Questions 4m
- Data Acquisition Phase, Step 3: Looking for Answers in All the Right Data Sources 7m
- Data Acquisition Phase, Step 3, Part 2: Extracting the Valuable Data 2m
- Module Wrap-up and Reality Check 6m
- Explaining the User Journey 5m
- Learning Why We Need to Map User Journeys 7m
- The 5 Steps to Building a Customer Journey Map 5m
- Picking a Process to Map 4m
- Building a User Persona - What Are the Blanks to Be Filled In? 8m
- Building a User Persona - Filling in the Blanks 7m
- Identifying Alternate User Personas 4m
- Combining Predictive Analytics and Journey Mapping 7m
- Spotting and Exploiting the Value Hiding in the Numbers 6m
- Predicting How to Improve Charo's Journey 6m
- Closing Out Charo's Journey 4m
- Using Data to Improve a Gift-Buying User's Journey 7m
- Unlocking the Hidden Value of Your Most Valuable Customers 6m
- Incentivizing Your Best Customers to Come Back - and Bring Their Colleagues 7m
- Predicting What You Should Do Next 2m