Using the Reinforcement Panel in Revit
In this set of tutorials we'll use the reinforcement tools in Revit Structure to create a rebar model and cost schedule. Software required: Revit 2015.
What you'll learn
In this set of tutorials we'll use the reinforcement tools in Revit Structure to create a rebar model and cost schedule. We'll begin from the ground up and start modeling the reinforcement for the footings. We'll learn about placing rebar into hosted structural elements, as well as working with various rebar properties like type, deformation, length, shape, and also visibility. Once we become comfortable with these basic concepts, we'll then learn how to use the various other reinforcement tools like path, cover settings, area, and fabric area. Once our model is in place we'll then generate a rebar schedule that displays type, length, assemblies, and even cost. By end of this training you'll know how to model rebar for concrete structures, gain an understanding of the various ways to apply reinforcement, and also generate a material cost estimation report for your design. Software required: Revit 2015.
Table of contents
- Applying Reinforcement to Foundations 14m
- Finishing the Rest of the Foundation 5m
- Reinforcing the Columns 11m
- Finishing the Rest of the Columns 5m
- Cleaning up the Rebar in the Columns 6m
- Using the Path Reinforcement Tool 6m
- Using Area Reinforcement Tools 9m
- Adding Reinforcement to the Beams 6m
- Creating a Quantity and Material Cost Report 8m