UV Master in ZBrush
In this ZBrush tutorial, we will learn how to use the UV Master within ZBrush 3. Software required: ZBrush 3.5 R3.
What you'll learn
In this ZBrush tutorial, we will learn how to use the UV Master within ZBrush 3.5. The UV Master is a Pixologic-developed plug-in, which allows us to effortlessly create unwrapped UVs for our characters within ZBrush. By using this plug-in, the entire UV layout process can be accomplished in a matter of minutes, allowing us to dedicate more time to the sculpting and texturing of our characters in ZBrush. During this course, we will teach you everything you need to start using the UV Master, including the use of control painting to define UV seams, using density maps to control UV spacing, saving and loading control maps, and several other innovative features. Along the way, we will also make you aware of some common issues and complications that you may run into when using the UV Master, as well as how you can usually work around them. Software required: ZBrush 3.5 R3.
Table of contents
- Overview of UV Master in ZBrush 10m
- Control Painting with Higher Precision 7m
- Density Painting Within the UV Master 8m
- Utilizing Polygroups Within the UV Master 9m
- Saving and Loading UV Master Control Maps 4m
- Creating Occlusion-based UV Seams Within ZBrush 4m
- Calculating UV Seams on Non-symmetrical Meshes 12m