Versioning and Evolving Microservices in ASP.NET Core 3
This course will teach you several best practices and techniques for evolving and versioning the APIs of your ASP.NET Core Microservices.
What you'll learn
In this course, Versioning and Evolving Microservices in ASP.NET Core, you’ll learn to safely and effectively evolve your microservice APIs by versioning them. First, you’ll discover the value of avoiding breaking changes to allow us to safely add functionality to our APIs. Next, you’ll explore a variety of strategies and best practices for versioning APIs. Finally, you’ll learn how to put these techniques into practice in the context of a real-world ASP.NET Core microservices application. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of versioning strategies needed to evolve and improve your microservice APIs while maintaining backwards compatibility.
Table of contents
- Module Introduction 1m
- New Requirements 3m
- Demo - Database Migrations 4m
- Demo - Enabling Versioning 4m
- Demo - Supporting Multiple API Versions 7m
- Demo - Refactoring Code 3m
- Demo - Configuring Versioning 6m
- Demo - URL Based Routing 2m
- Demo - Testing Backwards Compatibility 6m
- Demo - Swagger Documentation 4m
- Module Summary 1m