Code Analysis in Visual Studio 2019
This course will teach you how to use and configure Visual Studio 2019 tooling to analyze, enhance and enforce the quality of your code.
What you'll learn
Application source code can often deteriorate in quality as projects grow in complexity. In this course, Code Analysis in Visual Studio 2019, you will learn how to use Visual Studio to analyze, enhance, and enforce the quality of your source code. First, you will learn how to work with the built-in Visual Studio analyzers to improve your code. Next, you will see how to install and configure additional analyzers for more advanced analysis. Finally, you will explore command line tooling and build pipeline integration, code metrics, and even get started creating your own analyzer. By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of how to use Visual Studio to improve the quality of your project source code.
Table of contents
- Exploring Analyzer Workflows and Installation 3m
- Installing Analyzers as Extensions 4m
- Installing Analyzers as NuGet Packages 4m
- Code Analysis Configuration Options 2m
- Suppressing Warnings 4m
- Creating Rule Set Files 3m
- Working with Rule Sets and Rule Severity 4m
- Going Further with editorconfig Files 3m
- Summary 1m