This course presents to you the many extensibility points in WCF, from the service model, runtime and channel module; with many examples of real problems which can be solved by customizing the building blocks of the WCF framework.
What you'll learn
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is a very powerful framework for building connected systems in the Windows platform. WCF has many building blocks which can be used out-of-the-box to build complex applications. It also has many extensibility hooks where we can customize the framework by configuring or replacing many of those building blocks. This course will look at the extensibility points in WCF, from its description to the runtime to the channel model; also covering the extensibility in the WCF serialization. Most of the extensibility points will be described and presented with code demonstrating how it can be used to solve a real-life scenario.
Table of contents
- Other Service Model Extensions, Behavior Configuration Extensions 3m
- Demo: Behavior Configuration Extensions 3m
- Binding Configuration Extensions 2m
- Demo: Binding Configuration Extensions 7m
- Service Host Factory, ServiceConfiguration 2m
- Demo: Service Host Factory 2m
- Intro to the ServiceConfiguration Demo 0m
- Demo: Service Configuration 2m
- WCF Web Http and Query String Converter 3m
- Demo: Query String Converter 2m
- Metadata Extensibility, Extensible Objects, Summary 4m