Analyzing Network Protocols with Wireshark
This hands-on course will teach you how to quickly understand and analyze core network protocols. Get out your copy of Wireshark, because you'll go deep into the critical underlying packets that support your business applications.
What you'll learn
There are billions of packets flying through the network every minute. Which ones matter? Which ones hold the keys to troubleshooting network and application problems? In this course, Analyzing Network Protocols with Wireshark, you’ll gain the ability to capture, interpret, and dissect network problems at the packet level. First, you’ll explore core protocols and services, such as ARP, IPv4, and DHCP. Next, you’ll discover how the UDP and DNS protocols work. Finally, you’ll learn to analyze HTTPs and TLS based application traffic. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of packet analysis with Wireshark needed to isolate and resolve network problems.
Table of contents
- Understanding the User Datagram Protocol 2m
- Demo: Analyzing UDP with Wireshark 4m
- Understanding the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol 3m
- Demo: Analyzing DHCP with Wireshark 7m
- Demo: Troubleshooting DHCP with Wireshark 3m
- Understanding Domain Name System (DNS) 3m
- Demo: Analyzing DNS with Wireshark 4m