Working with 3D in Toon Boom Harmony
By gaining an understanding of the 3D capabilities featured in Toon Boom Harmony, you'll be able to take your animation techniques to a whole new visual level. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony.
What you'll learn
By gaining an understanding of the 3D capabilities featured in Toon Boom Harmony, you'll be able to take your animation techniques to a whole new visual level. We'll begin with an overview of the camera, perspective, side, and top views in the Harmony interface. From here we'll learn how we can position the layers of a scene using these different views to create a multi-plane setup that will allow us to create the illusion of three dimensional depth in our scene. Following this we'll learn how to add a camera and animate it across the multiple planes of our scene. After this we'll learn how we can enable 2D drawing layers to be rotated in 3D space and see how we can construct 3D objects using drawing layers. Along the way we'll also learn how we can rotate a camera in 3D space in addition to mapping a 2D drawing layer to the rotation of a camera. Finally, we'll learn how you can activate you 3D token license and import 3D models into Toon Boom Harmony. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony.
Table of contents
- Overview of the Camera, Perspective, Side, Top Views 13m
- Importing a Layered Scene from Photoshop into Harmony 15m
- Positioning Our Layers in Multi-planes 10m
- Animating Multi-plane Camera 18m
- Enabling 2D Drawing Layers for 3D Space 16m
- Constructing Our 2D Drawings in 3D Space 11m
- 3D Camera Rotations 8m
- Mapping a 2D Drawing to a Camera in 3D Space 6m
- Setting up Harmony's 3D Token License 2m
- Importing a 3D Model into Harmony 17m