Working Smarter with PowerShell Background Jobs
This course will teach you how to multitask PowerShell commands by using Jobs.
What you'll learn
Most organizations utilize PowerShell scripts for managing systems and performing administration tasks which can take long periods of time to complete or need to be ran across multiple servers. Instead of manually executing the commands on all the remote servers, you can simply push these tasks to the background using jobs, which will improve performance and management. In this course, Working Smarter with PowerShell Background Jobs, you’ll learn to how use PowerShell Background Jobs. First, you’ll explore multi-tasking within PowerShell. Next, you’ll discover how create PowerShell Jobs. Finally, you’ll learn how to manage PowerShell jobs. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of PowerShell jobs needed to improve time consuming and long running PowerShell tasks.
Table of contents
- Agenda 1m
- Creating Background Jobs 2m
- Demo: Create Background Jobs 5m
- Remove Background Jobs 3m
- Demo: Remove Completed Background Jobs 7m
- Wait for Background Jobs to Complete 1m
- Demo: Waiting for Background Jobs to Complete Using Wait-Job 4m
- Retrieve Background Job Information 3m
- Demo: Retrieve Background Job Information 7m
- Summary 1m