Writing Purely Functional Code in C#
Learn where .NET development is heading and what mindset you'll need in the future to master multi-paradigm programming with C#.
What you'll learn
At the core of the latest C# language enhancements is a thorough knowledge of functional concepts applied to an object-oriented framework. In this course, Writing Purely Functional Code in C#, you’ll learn how to blend principles of functional programming into the plain C# code. First, you’ll learn what makes the distinction between pure functional and object-oriented code. Next, you’ll explore syntax and coding practices that will allow you to write pure functional code in C#. Finally, you’ll discover what makes this coding style better when compared to traditional object-oriented programming. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have a foundational knowledge of functional programming in native object-oriented languages, which will help you as you move forward to writing shorter and cleaner business applications which are easier to maintain in the long run.
Table of contents
- Working with First-order Functions Only 5m
- Understanding the Limitations of First-order Functions 3m
- Hiding Dependencies Behind Higher-order Functions 7m
- Building Larger Features with Function Composition 6m
- Completing the Implementation 2m
- Hiding Implementation Behind Partial Function Application 7m
- Summary 3m